Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's In The Slogan

Day 376:

'We Bust Ours, So We Can Kick Yours.'


I read this on the back of a former student's hoody the other day. My question to him was, "What do you bust?"

He hesitated a moment, looking around as if someone may pop in the room and spare him the inevitable,..... nope, no one arrived,..."Well,... you know," was his final reply.

"Not at all. Can you explain it to me?" I was just curious if he truly felt comfortable wearing a shirt that had a saying on it, that of course, everyone knows what it's referring to, but for a 5th grader,... didn't really care to say. Kind of like watching a scary movie with friends and not really wanting to admit that you're not sleeping for the next 12 months,.. or until they stop the production of chain saws that chop people up.

Admittedly, I've gone off track a bit here. The quote came to mind as I spent the day in the Hot Michigan Sun (I can capitalize here because it's a title I've now deemed worthy for the hot day I just spent in the sun - so all of those English teachers out there,...... well, you can just talk to Shanna, my attorney of language restatement).

The beginning to the quote 'We Bust Ours' is one that most parents who have major celebrations coming up (graduation season upon us) can relate to. Only the quote on the back of their shirt would say, "We Bust Ours, So Our House Looks Presentable to Everyone Who Comes Over - and NEVER Says Anything Remotely Related To The New Landscaping, Decoration, Outdoor Patio, Clean Garage, New Furniture, and Immaculate House!"

Now that would be a shirt!

Well, I don't have a tremendous celebration as such, but we do have visitors right now planning a trip to beautiful St. Joe this summer,... and by golly, I hope to have my t-shirt not only done, but the credit card payment for it complete as well.

In the meantime, you can find me standing in the Hot Michigan Sun, like a poached egg about to go scrambled, working on those house projects that I missed last summer,.... and I will have smile on my face, because we are cancer survivors.

Peace and Prayers

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God's Peace be with the whole Kelly family. Much happiness to you as you enjoy the beauty of your Michigan surroundings!

Anonymous said...

The Kelly family deserves a relaxing, sun-soaking, family and friend-filled summer. It looks like you had a great trip on your bike, Dave. Glad you were able to go!

End-of-the-year...you get a gold star on being able to keep up with the blogging at this point.

SILVER!
Melissa R.

HEY SHANNA-
I went searching in past blogs for a quote you included, but couldn't find it. It was something about relive memories, they don't cost a thing or never get old. Could you blog and let me know? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Shanna-cancer friend always here, on duty.

Dave, you's one funny guy. I look forward to a St. Joe sunset with you guys. I'm officially PEM HS Alumni!

Melissa! Long time no chat! Maybe this, off the top of my head: "Memories never wear out, so relive them as often as you'd like."

It's a motto of mine.

Love,
Shanna

Mr. David Kelly said...

Shanna - I'm a GHS alumni, but thanks to school of choice, it no longer exists. Not really a crucial thing in the scheme of life, but it does make for long football games in the bleachers.

b said...

Let's just say ... all the work you're putting in "in the hot summer sun" is definately worth it. Rock on! It's SUMMER! No Cancer!
b.