Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Monday, May 12, 2008

Darned Education

"But I can't go to summer school," quipped one student first thing this morning.
I didn't even know that 'Summer School' papers had been sent out yet, but I was willing to play along.
"Well,... why not?" I asked, in anticipation of a story to follow.

Aside from the various reasons for missing homework - to which I think a book has been written "101 Reasons I LOST My Homework". There must be a sequel,... "Reasons I Can't Attend Summer School."

It was explained to me, in great detail, the reasons for not attending Summer School, with the lead argument being 'It's summer time.' How do you argue with that!? After all, we were kids once too. We understand the need to live free and ride hard! No wait, that's the motto for Harley riders.

After listening intently it was hammer time - not for me, but my student. I explained the reason for further practice and development of certain skills. I even went so far as to empathize in a positive manner by throwing out the fact that it's not putting in a full day at school (just a few hours). It was at this point that he decided he had enough of my explanation, "My mom said I don't have to listen to you or go to summer school," and with that he turned and began to walk away.

All I can say to this is,... where's the paddle when you need it? Unfortunately, the student is correct - his mom more than likely did say that. As for the rest of it,...he couldn't have been wronger (to use a Shanna term).


Hannah: We leave for Mayo this weekend for another round of scans. We'll keep you up to date as we draw closer to news.

3 comments:

b said...

Ah, summer school ... sounds like "fun".
b.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so beyond thrilled that my incredible english skills were used most efficiently. :-)

Can I just say that I personally am thrilled that I get to see you soon?

Love,
Shanna

Anonymous said...

I agree with many points. But in some areas, I feel we need to be more aggressive. Just my opinion. Love ya. bridal jackets Louboutin Shoes christian louboutin fur boots. Bridesmaid Dresses