Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Three and Counting

They say that bad things come in threes,...who are they?...and what type of counting system are they using because we went well past three.

#1: Tuesday Night
Garage door snaps with a clatter and clunk. My garage, which holds a plaque on it's front wall, was built by the 'neighbor hood' in 1950,... which makes my doors solid wood panels that have weathered the test of time for 58 years. It was a good fifty plus years. The bad thing is that I now must put my wants on hold to attend to the needs. I don't know about you, but I love my wants and just sort of like my needs.

#2: Wednesday Morning
I'm driving the one eyed wonder. Yep,....the headlight blew out (POOF! gone......). This is normally not a big deal, but I'm in the process of looking for my wallet, so getting pulled over would not be a good thing. You see, the problem with living in Mayberry is not the crime, it's what law enforcement does during the down time - like pulling over people with only one headlight.

#3: Friday Morning
You're all familiar with the infamous duct tape car. Well, then this may surprise you to know that it is virtually theft proof. When it comes to locking my keys on the inside, there's no chance of breaking in to get them!

Reminder to self: Must call tow truck guy to unlock the door for small fee of first born child.

#4: Friday Night
Crack is bad. You're familiar with this slogan used often by plumbers. Well, it's not just for the water movers anymore. Unbeknownst to us all, there's a massive crack streaming across the windshield.

#5: Saturday Night

Returning from a shopping spree in which I came away with one bottle of shower gel - aka 'manly scent', we hit a pot hole that was reminiscent of the sand creature in Star Wars (the one that swallowed people whole). No kidding,... this thing was not only big but it pulled the rubber right off the rim.

As if that wasn't enough, by the time we got the tire switched out for a lesser spare tire that sported a whopping 10 lbs of air,.. I lost a lug nut. A LUG NUT! I don't know,... it was there, and then it was gone.


#6: Sunday Afternoon
Assuming there's nothing left to due but wait for the new garage doors, get a new tire put on, and pray that the duct tape car can last long enough to become a classic.

Not so fast. While attempting to free my car from the garage in order to follow Kim to the local tire store, the garage door decided to self-destruct, causing an entire section to break free and drop right onto my snow blower.

Now we can't end this on a bad note, so I'll leave you with this: While driving around today in search of a lug nut,...that's right A LUG NUT, at various auto stores, the oil light came on several times. Luckily when we returned home I remembered the flashing red light and popped the hood and ripped the dip stick.

I never knew a car could run on pure love alone, but apparently mine can. It was bone dry. No oil what-so-ever! I thought not having the emissions pouring from the tailpipe was a good thing, but then again, there's many reasons that I'm not a mechanic.

Peace and Prayers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I have to say one thing. Hahahaha...

No, that's not it. It wasn't THAT funny. Just a little funny. :-)

Dave, know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him. Really. And, you may just want to stick to walking. Seems less hazardous. A little bit, that is. Did I mention how much we miss you in Minnesota? We'll find a way to get you here. I know people who can help us. :-)

Love,
Shanna

PS: Gold!

b said...

Dave ... it's a new week ... hopefully it will get better (NOT WORSE) ... Didn't know about the garage door self destructing ... no wonder you were a little distracted during bible study!
b.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!
That's quite the week!
Maybe it will last just long enough to get the bike out?!?
Annette