Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Monday, June 30, 2008

Cookie Madness

Day 406:

So were on our 'get-a-way' anniversary trip to Sleepy Bear Dunes (which we had postponed last year), when it's time to check in with the kids and grandma / grandpa to see how things are going back home:

"You were in what paper?" was Kim's utterance as she spoke to Hannah.
Hannah was in the paper? What would she be in the paper for?

"Was it the Palladium?"; "What do you mean you don't know what paper?" ; "Well, what's it about?" ; "Did someone interview you?" ; Listening to a one way conversation can leave a great deal of holes in the plot line. "....we'll take care of it when we get home. For now, ask grandma if,...."

"Grandpa's making cookies?" Kim shot out rather quizzically,... almost fearfully.
Cookies? Oh, he must be making them for her 'Cookies for Cancer' sale. Wait,... why does he feel the need to make cookies? Where's grandma? I don't recall in my childhood memories anything regarding my dad making cookies - building a house,.. sure - making cookies,..never. What does this have to do with the paper?


Turns out that a lady by the name of Michelle Thomas (who runs a store in downtown St. Joe called La Dee Da Children's Boutique) had stopped by with her girls at Hannah's 'Cookies for Cancer' table and spoken with Hannah. Afterwards she wanted to share Hannah's story so she contacted Mailmax (a weekly paper which features many short articles revolving around the happenings of southwest Michigan). Pat Moody, the columnist who I happen to read each week, was her contact as he covers the business happenings in the area with his 'Moody on The Market' report. Pat also happens to be the morning guy on a local radio station with 'Moody in the Morning.' Needless to say, when Pat says or writes something, it's going to be heard/read.

"Grandpa's making cookies?" the tone in Kim's voice resonated as I relived those last three words of the conversation before I couldn't take it anymore and decided to encroach on the phone.

"Hi Hannah,...it's dad (like it would be some other guy saying hi). What's going on?" It was my turn to waste cellphone minutes by asking the exact same questions that Kim had already been through.

We arrived home yesterday and read firsthand Pat's article with letter submitted from Michelle,... it was very touching and well done. Pat's words that got Kim baking right away I believe were : "I'm going to ask all of the readers of Moody on the Market to take a swing by that neighborhood by Wells Field and the Former Jefferson School, especially during early evening game times (little league) and do what you can to help."

I think I speak for everyone in our family when I say that we couldn't feel more blessed to back this endeavor that Hannah has begun, to have the support of the community, and to have the word spread about childhood cancer. There are just over 11,000 children diagnosed a year. Hannah's type is one that is not common,..which is to say, that the road map for treatment has not been traveled often. One thing we do know, however, is that children are amazing and no matter the treatment process, they love to be kids. Through Hannah's Cookies for Cancer, she hopes to raise money in order to bring these children items that they can have to read, play, and even sing to as they go through their cancer care process.



Peace and Prayers










5 comments:

Mr. David Kelly said...

Yes, GOLD!

Couldn't believe that I forgot to mention Shanna's guest blogging. Of course, she won't be sending it to me via the email,..oh no! She'll be writing it on my very own keyboard in a matter of days!

b said...

HEY! I think your GOLD doesn't count Mister! I'm baking cookies as I type (well, not LITERALLY).

Can't wait to finally meet Shanna!

b.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love those Kellys. You can't even imagine how excited I am. I have those sandals all packed already. 3 days. 3!!!! And, what's the use of being a part of the cancer club if we can't have cookies?

I can hardly contain myself. Seriously.

Yes, there will be guest blogging. And, I heard a Hannah/Shanna show...for real. Be ready bloggers. We're coming.

Love,
Shanna

Anonymous said...

As I read the Moody on the Market article, I thought "I know who Pat is talking about-this is very exciting!" What a spirit-led endeavor!

Hope you have great fun with Shanna and the rest of your wonderful friends!

MR

Anonymous said...

Very thought provoking.wedding jackets Louboutin Shoes christian louboutin platforms. Mother Of Bride