Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oh Ferbertz

Day 391:

All Right! It's HERE! Father's Day - Yeeeeesssssss. Wait a second, what time is it? 6:13! Are you kidding me. I'm not suppose to be up at 6:13 in the morning on Father's Day. This is suppose to be the traditional 'breakfast in bed' day,.. the 'Shhh, kids, don't wake your father' day,... the 'Good morning oh supreme guy, would you care for your coffee in bed or while you catch the morning news' day. 6:14 - great.

FERBERTZ,....."Max, it's Father's Day and as such I think I shall decree it a 'Ferbertz' day," I had just managed to traverse the stairs with minimal pain or loud crackling of the knees - good sign.

Max had a puzzled look on his face, "What's a Ferbitz,..or that thing you said?"

All of the kids at one point or another have had the ferbertz. Typically they don't want it, but yet succumb to the pressure of the giggle and beg for more. The same can be said for the arm pit touch. You don't want someone placing a finger there, but the anticipation of it seems a bit over the edge, thus causing you to raise your arms to the toucher (as the touchee) and wince with laughter to the pre-tickle.

I proceeded to bury my face into his belly and give him one big ferbertz. I suppose back in the day, they were called raspberries. Max scrunched his little body in to a ball trying to avoid my whiskers and the pppppttttthhhhtttt of the ferbertz,... but it was no use - one ferbertz administered.

You know, from a dad standpoint, there's nothing better than that little voice laughter that is made from a child uncontrollably giggling. With it being 'Ferbertz' day, you couldn't ask for a better start to Father's Day.

"Hannah,..Sam,..... where are you!?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gold!

Well, hopefully, you were able to take a good, long nap. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! I agree...the uncontrollable belly laugh-LOVE IT!

MR

b said...

Happy early rising ... what's up with that?

Hope that you enjoyed your Father's Day aka Ferbertz day. Go for a bike ride, the weather is great!
b.

Anonymous said...

Bronze!

I know my dad wakes up so early for Christmas. I know Sam and I were trying to avoid the ferbertz but he still got us though.

Hannah

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I think you just made my day.

17 (or something close) to MI.

Are you "Oh Sweet Nelly" ready?

I know I am.

Love,
Shanna

Anonymous said...

Hello. I found this blog randomly, but I enjoy how thought provoking your words are. I hope you update soon.quinceanera dresses Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Heels Flower Girls