Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Under Where

With only three days remaining in January, Shanna has come through (under the wire, that's where) with her January Guest Blog.

The Moments We Share

The dead of winter hits. You’re walking Fido, and you make it all of 30 seconds in the Midwestern warmth before you look down at the hand you now have in a fantastic crimped position and frozen to the leash the puppy is pulling on. It is then that the epiphany arises with the thought: “Hmmmm…there’s supposed to be a mitten attached to those fingers.” But, when you reach into your pocket (with the other, still mobile, hand, of course) to get it, it is nowhere to be found. It’s a chilling thought isn’t it? About as cold as a drive in Dave’s Toyota before he shovels it out. But, we won’t go there. ☺

Life is like a lost mitten at moments. When that thing a person enjoys isn’t there in a moment they would love to share with it; it is missed. Whether it’s a mitten, a favorite shirt, a pet, or friends that have returned to Michigan for three months, we long for those moments we love.

I write this because the other day, I was thinking about the day the Kelly family walked into my life. Well, actually, I walked into their “cave”, but, you get the idea. Dave was creating HJK 6, Hannah shared with the world that I was in fact a dancer, and we laughed until we had a video to the song “Crazy” created in our honor. It was there that began one friendship that has been nothing but a blessing in the lives of us all.

So, in honor of the reminiscing, I thought I’d compose my own top ten. Here it is; the top ten Kelly/Decker moments of history as we know it:

10. Dave making an attempt with our famed lawnmower to assure I would spend life with two fake limbs.
9. Lens cap thief.
8. “Wronger”; the formal definition.
7. Lost in downtown St. Paul.
6. Shanna really learns to dance.
5. 2 half glasses of wine, Irish dancing, and no carmel apples.
4. A Harley ride along the river.
3. Toilet paper in the hospital (what? I would NEVER do that!)
2. OSN
1. Each and every moment God has blessed us with in knowing he led our paths to cross, and we will be able to share all the future holds with each other.

In the past year, I have never felt so blessed. By the grace of God, the amazing Christian people that have walked into my life cannot be counted. The moments we have shared are ones that can bring tears to my eyes or make me laugh out loud in a silent room at any time even when those friends are miles away. And, the beauty in missing a person, like that mitten, is that if we miss it, we know there’s a spot in our heart that no one else could ever fill. One that will ALWAYS be there.

A favorite quote of mine is:
“Memories never wear out, so relive them as often as you’d like.” –Anon


8 comments:

Mr. David Kelly said...

All right - GOLD! It pays to be the guy posting.

God Guided - those in our lives that we never knew of before. Those we will never be without again.

Anonymous said...

Not sure you qualify for that gold, but i'll concede to silver!

Shanna-
You are a gifted writer as well!
You & Dave really should collaborate on a book together.

Annette

Anonymous said...

Shanna-
Wonderful blog! I love your quote at the end. As I have been teaching class during Sunday School, the quote for the month was "Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything." Along with this, we teach that God always is listening and answers our prayers-just not in a way that you would expect. I'm 99.99% confident that the Kelly family did not expect an angel like you to be the answer to their many prayers through Hannah's cancer victory. Just as you feel the same.

Your mitten epiphany leads me to think about the book "The Mitten". Don't you love that a little, white, wool mitten stretches to keep all those animals warm? Don't you love the fact that animals who could attack each other (fox and a rabbit) snuggle together? Warm, fuzzy, loving, stretching beyond expectations mitten=faith, love of friends, love of family, love of God, love of Jesus: all warm and fuzzy and stretching beyond your expectations. Despite the fact that I have not met you, Shanna, you are part of my mitten stretching beyond expectations. Keep up your beautiful spirit!
Melissa R.

Anonymous said...

Shanna-
You are very blessed to know the Kelly's. They are good folks! I am blessed to be related to them that way they can run but, I'll always find them!
Great top ten.

Love & prayers,
Lisa

Mr. David Kelly said...

THAT'S PHUNNY! - Ph style!!

b said...

Great blog! Have a great time seeing each other this weekend! Have a fun time, getting a gussied up Hannah and Shanna!

Hannah, the hair is looking great!

Love,
b.

Anonymous said...

hi this is dawn trying to use the computer and I can't so this is just one long runon sentence with no puncuation in it so shanna rocks

Anonymous said...

Guys, I really need to apologize for Dawn, I'm teaching her to use the blog comments so that some day she may be more than a BLOGGERT!!! Say it with me now...WOOHOOOOO! And, we are all hanging out in MN, and so glad the Kelly's are in the room with me! I guess this is an excuse for Dave to not blog today (you know, we tag team). But, he will soon, because this day has a lot to tell about!

Love,
Shanna