Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Thursday, January 17, 2008

sNOw Car Like an Old One

"Coach,... you really need to get a new car."

I get more comments about my car than I do about my bike. I don't know if most of them are out of pity, genuine concern for my fellow road travelers, or if it's taken the place of 'talk on the weather.'

The other day as I tromped through the snow to reach my car in the parking lot, I realized there was work to be done before taking off to practice. Perfect, I thought, it's a bitterly cold day and the car can warm up while I'm scraping.

As I opened the door and sat down to turn the key, there in front of me, sitting on the dashboard,...a pile of snow.

I had always known that my car was a bit drafty, what with metal flaking off in chunks under the duct tape masking. There's bound to be a chink in the armor where air flows in,....BUT SNOW?!

Maybe my player was right? Maybe it is time to begin looking. Or,...maybe, just maybe, I find pleasure in moments like these and have a good chuckle - I just need to add 'scraping the inside of the car' to the list of things to do.



Hannah is doing great and I plan to have some photos with a 'Where's Hannah Now' update this weekend.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAHOO!! Gold again. (I really need to find something to do with my time.)

Another suggestion - keep the car till duct tape no longer has anything to adhere to. Keep a tarp in your car for bad weather. It will keep the snow and rain out, and you won' have to scrape anymore. Just roll up the tarp and throw it in the trunk. (Wait, can you still open your trunk??)
It will also make it easy to find your car in the parking lot!!
That will really give the kids something to talk about.
Annette

Mr. David Kelly said...

funny you should mention the trunk issue - have you tried it already, unbeknownst to me?

b said...

They do have colored duct tape ...
Poor baby.
b.

Anonymous said...

Well, let me laugh with you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I would have loved to been there to help you shovel, you know that. :-)

Love,
Shanna

PS: Bronze, and I beat Melissa! WOOHOOOO!

Anonymous said...

I really like the idea of the tarp Annette had...what about proposing a garage for your vehicle with the district? Is it in the budget?

Does your car warm-up while you are scraping or does it finally warm-up when you get home?

Shanna-there will be a rematch. I hope everything is going well for you. How is the weather there? It's pitiful here: supposedly winter but we just keep getting snow, then rain melts the snow, then snow again.

Melissa R.

Mr. David Kelly said...

The car's heater is the one area that works quite well. I'm guessing something is broken and the engine is not cooling properly thus sending burning heat into the car - kind of like a NASCAR bursting into flames (only I don't have a flame retardant suit).

Anonymous said...

Dave-
Maybe if you just accidentally leave the car running, the burning heat will ignite something, and poof!! You will have no choice but to get a new vehicle! I'm pretty sure duct tape will no longer be an option.
Annette

Anonymous said...

Well, a MN update, though, Dave is supposed to tell everyone how the Mn friends are. (Dave. That's you.) ;-) Just kidding. You're on the MN list for best bikermanfriend, still. The weather here is MN wintertime. Cold, blowing cold, coat gets crunchy cold, my face hurts cold. But, the snow falling on and off has been just beautiful. If we can stay inside by the fire, with hot chocolate, and playing guitar. And, dad's cooking, if anyone wants to swing by. :-) We are doing great! How are all my blogging friends doing? I hope well!

God bless you all!

Love,
Shanna

Anonymous said...

Very thought provoking.wedding dress. Louboutin Shoes Pigalle Christian Louboutin. Mermaid Wedding Dresses