Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Circle of Faith

"You have to meet Axel," is what I was told back in June during our last visit at the Mayo Clinic.

I had heard about Axel and that he was battling rhabdomyosarcoma (rab-doe-my-O-sar-co-ma). I knew that Hannah's cancer was termed non-rhabdo, but I had to go look up what the rhabdo part actually was: A fast-growing, highly malignant tumor which accounts for over half of the soft tissue sarcomas in children. It grows in soft tissue areas of the body and tumors can appear in many locations.

After meeting Axel and his mom in the hospital that day, I instantly became connected with his story. It amazes me still that while I don't know any more about a person than the time we may spend chatting in a hospital room or hallway, you connect on a level that escapes most people,... cancer has that power to connect. You know their worries, their fears, their struggle, and their strength in faith. In reading Axel's journal (written by his mom) this morning, he is moving into a hospice care situation. The fear flairs up in me and a pit grows in my stomach,.. for a boy that I met one day has touched me without even knowing it. His mom writes: Thursday, August 20th confirmed our worst fears of a recurrence of the rhabdomyosarcoma. Do not feel that your prayers have not worked, or not been answered, for indeed they have. God has been good to us. The last year and eight months have been truly wonderful including and despite Axel's medical inconveniences. It is just now apparent to us, that Axel, as the medical miracle, is not meant to be. Please give us some space, and a tiny bit more time.

Please keep Axel, a boy you've never met, in your prayers today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, thanks for the update on Axel. He, his mom and family will be in our prayers. We remembering meeting them at the hospital.

Love,
Dad & Mom

Anonymous said...

A person must ask, "What would we do without faith in our Heavenly Father?" Remember, if He brings us to it, He will see us through it." My prayers are with Axel and his family. God's Peace be with them.

Anonymous said...

A person must ask, "What would we do without faith in our Heavenly Father?" Remember, if He brings us to it, He will see us through it." My prayers are with Axel and his family. God's Peace be with them.

Anonymous said...

At a time like that prayers are what sustain us. I will keep Axel and his family in my prayers.

b said...

Keeping Alex and his family in our prayers.

b.