Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Thursday, July 30, 2009

UPS with the Arrival

"I've been practicing my signature," Hannah had been given the task of improving her signature a bit in order to prep for the up coming book signings. Up to this point, print was the top method of signing something. "Do I have to sit behind a table the entire time?" Spoken like a true teenager.

"Yes, you do," I didn't want to sugarcoat anything for her. "This book may have been written by me, but it's about your journey through treatment. People are going to want to see and speak to you more than they will me."

Pre-release books were not suppose to be arriving on our doorstep until the 7th of August. "Dave! You need to get down here!" Kim had been working outside in the yard. My first thought was that I had sprayed a precious plant with crabgrass killer - oops. As I got up to look out the up stairs window to identify my level of incompetence, I noticed a UPS truck backing into the driveway.

I made my way downstairs and heard further, "It's the BOOKS! They're HERE!" All I could think of was,... this can't be, they weren't suppose to be here for a another week,...and a day.

After off loading a number of boxes, "What's the title?" the driver inquired.

"Time Out," I told him.
"Time Out? That's it?"
"No. My mind just went blank with all these boxes sitting before me,.. hold on, I'll get the rest in a second," I glanced at Kim and gave her the 'help me' look - being high school sweethearts, she knew the look well as I used it in many classes we had together.

"A Family's Journey,.." she began the bailout.
"Oh yeah, I got it : A Family's Journey of Faith and Hope through Childhood Cancer," I turned and told the driver.

With that he had all the information he needed to look for the book release in October. But who wants to wait for October? "Have you heard of Mammina's or The Livery?" as if I need to ask a driver for UPS if he knew of business locations in our area.

"Yeah, I know where they are at," he replied.
"Well, check out the Herald Palladium. There's a story being done soon and we're having pre-release signings then," I think I gave him information overload because he was looking for the quick and easy.

"Will they be at the bookstores in town?" he posed his last question before driving on.
"Yes they will," I bid my fair well to him and off the big brown truck went.

As we stood there looking at the number of boxes that engulfed the only exit in the garage that I have for my Harley, "Well,.. let's start hauling them inside."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pictures as you prepare for the upcoming book signings. I look forward to reading your book. Don't forget to find the right pens to use for signing the books. Plan to have many pens on hand as I expect you will be autographing many books. To God be the Glory for all that He has done and continues to do for so many. God's Peace be with you and your whole family, Dave.

Anonymous said...

Dave, how exciting it must be for ALL of you to have some books in hand. I am so thankful that GOD remembered my birthday is coming up and HE knew that August 7th would not be in time. I think that's why the books arrived early.

Love you,
Dad

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What an accomplishment! You have to be proud and happy. God helped you along the way. Enjoy your signings and meeting many new people!
Love,
Barb

Anonymous said...

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!! Whooohoooooo!!! Whoooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!
MR