Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I Live Another Day

You see, the trick to a good haircut for a 'soon to be' nine year old boy is that the hair must look as if it hasn't been cut - oh, but it has though.

You would have thought we were printing money in order to buy another American Girl Doll by the way Hannah was trying to get into the bathroom to watch the de-hairing. She even was so thoughtful as to bring her own scissors along for the chopping.

After kicking big sister out and locking the door, Max and I got down to business. I would snip and he would say, "Are ya done?"

"Not exactly," I explained that being my first time as the cutter, I would need a little time in order to meet mom's approval. I kept picturing the many hair mags that lay around the shops; I knew I had to use a comb at some point (because all good hair stylists hold a comb in one hand and scissors in the other); I also knew I needed to develop a dialogue with my new client, "So,...new in town? I haven't seen you in my barber shop before."


All in all, I live another day and Max was totally happy with the cut (which appears as if I didn't cut it at all).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty impressive! Looks like a new summer business for you! HEHE. Sami is resting peacefully here at the Ronald McDonald House in Cleveland. I sent you an email last night. It's another tumor. I got up, made breakfast, and now am ready for nap! Tell Hannah "Hello!".
Cheri

b said...

Looking good, although I think Kim is still skeptical.

b.

Anonymous said...

Is there anything you can't do: teacher, author, hair stylist, father, husband, friend, son of God...the list keeps going AND you are GREAT (not good) at all.
MR

Anonymous said...

Hey Max, did your Dad put the wrong picture on the blog? Looks like you still need a little more trimmed off for the summer months, but then what does and G & G know, right?

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY - WOW, 9 years old!

We love you,
Grandpa & Grandma K.

Anonymous said...

Hey, just got home from FL and checked out the blog. LIKE the haircut! Pretty handsome Max!!! One more thing you can add to your "can do" list Dave. : )

Love,
Dad & Mom
Grandpa & Grandma

Anonymous said...

WOW! Not bad but you are not allowed near my head with sissors!!!! Also a really good barber holds sissors and comb in one hand and uses other to hold hair up or drink his coffee! Let me know when you are going to lather up the face, give him a close shave and apply the hot towel!
Steve Hucke