Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's Just "16"

"Things look great," those three words from Dr. Laack were all we needed.

Today was a two-fer day. We're crashing at the Hucke's on this trip (getting in yesterday, with doctor appointments first thing in the morning). Come to find out, Danielle was scheduled for her scans as well. It was nice to have both girls and parents together the night before scans because everyone is just on the same page with thoughts, "I said a prayer for both Danielle and Hannah," Steve mentions as we got ready to hit the air mattress last night. "Me too," I replied.

As we wrapped up Hannah's MRI visit, we had about an hour to wait before meeting with Dr. Laack. "Dawn and Danielle should be meeting with Dr. Arndt right now on 16 (that's what we refer to the pediatric oncology department because it's on the 16th floor of the Mayo Clinic). Let's head that way and meet up with them," Kim was already on the move towards the bank of elevators.

As we got to 16 I decided to hang back and wait it out in quiet. The last time I entered the pediatric area, it was kid central. I just wasn't up to the commotion. No, I would have rathered just sat quietly and read from my book, Hell's Angel, which gave me a glimpse of the hardcore biker life. I also figured that a pediatric waiting room wouldn't be the proper place for such a book cover.

The phone began to ring in my pocket about 5 minutes after Kim and Hannah made their way to the waiting area, "cl_____ _ a____!"

"What? I can't hear you. Hello?????" I raised my voice like most do in an attempt to make my phone work better.

"___ea__ s____!" came the broken voice again.

"Okay,...I still didn't get that but if you can hear me, I'm moving closer to the window," I was now talking louder AND slower.

Finally I heard the message, "Clea_ sca_s!"
I stepped on top of the vent that lay at the foot of the window, "Dawn?"

"Clear scans!" she repeated.
"That's great! Where are you?" I was assuming that because Kim and Hannah had been down the hall for a bit, that they would have already seen Dawn and Danielle.

"We're on 16, and in a room," Dawn was now coming in more clearly. Must have been my last move to heighten my stature.
"We're on 16 as well. In fact, Kim and Hannah are down in the waiting room," with the last ounce of energy I had to remain balanced I said my goodbye and went back to my novel of motor oil, hard riding, and patches.

Kim and Hannah eventually made their way back to me and we were off to see Dr. Laack for our results. Two girls, two excellent results - one night to celebrate before heading back to Michigan in the morning.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE our awesome GOD for answered prayer once again and not for just one special girl this time, but two special girls (Hannah & Danielle). Thanks so much for your call Dave. Sam and I are much relieved and look forward to seeing you all at home in St. Joe Thursday. Called Grandpa Kelly and both he and Great Grandpa are very happy with the GOOD NEWS as well.

Have a good evening and safe travels tomorrow!

Love to all,
Mom/Grandma/Sam/Gpa & Great Gpa

Anonymous said...

Your journey home will be a relief! I cannot imagine the waiting for those results, but now all is good once again.
I never stop praying for all of you and hope you have a safe trip back to St. Joe.
Love and Prayers,
Barb R.

b said...

God is good.

b.

Gary said...

I drank from my RMH coffee mug yesterday morning and said a prayer for Hannah & family. God is good! Yes He is.

Anonymous said...

God is great, beer is good, and the crazy people are waiting for you to get home;O)

Mr. David Kelly said...

We love those crazy people!