Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Monday, May 11, 2009

Bad Boys, Bad Boys

It's 7:35 as I head down the neighborhood street that leads to my school. Normally, at this time of year, I would preface my arrival by the sound of the pipes of my Harley; yet, as Spring in Michigan would have it, 35 degrees doesn't sound like much of a ride to work, so I was in the ever-sporty family van. As I approach the parking lot, I glance up from adjusting the morning news station to see a police officer sitting in the parking lot with a bead on the incoming traffic. A double take as I pass him, I notice his radar gun at the ready to nail any unsuspecting parent who may have already begun the day off on the wrong foot, thus leading to the quickened drop off - let's make matters even better by ticketing them in the parking lot of the elementary school in front of all the other parents.

I don't really know what came from the stakeout on school grounds, but I'm fairly certain our local officer didn't have one of the tougher assignments of the morning, "Excuse me ma'am, but you were doing 27 in a 25 and I notice your 8 year old isn't properly strapped down. That will be $200."

As for me,... thank goodness I was messing with the radio and puttering along way below the allowed speed. I could just hear it now,..."Remember that time Mr. Kelly was sitting in the back of the squad car before school? I wonder if it will ever be on COPS?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave
That's why GOD gave us two eyes. One eye on the road and the other eye on the lookout for the police. Glad they didn't get you.
Love
Dad

Anonymous said...

Possibly the most amazing blog that I read all year! dresses with sleeves!?! Louboutin Shoes cheap mobile phone.