Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Learning Lingo

Febscans. That's the easiest way to talk about our next trip to Mayo. This whole Mayo experience has given us a great deal of new terms. HD use to mean Harley Davidson around the house,.. now it stands for Hearts and Diamonds - the Ronald McDonald gala that Hannah will be attending again this year with Danielle. Then there's therapy,...actually that still means the same as before, only it's not me heading to therapy for my knee,...or my shoulder,...or my elbows,...or basically anything that happens to when I try to exercise and get healthy and end up in therapy,.... it's now Hannah and her hand, wrist, pinkie, and arm. Of course you can't go too long without hearing the words 'splinting.' "Hey pick up your splint ting off the living room floor, I almost killed myself on it!"

Our trip to Mayo begins with a bit of fun as we make our way back for the HD festivities. I'm probably more excited to go out with the adults. Hannah and Danielle go off to the formal for an evening of meet and greet,... I get steak! It's a fair trade off. Then we begin early Monday with a series of test on her arm, where the doctors hope to gain even more insight before moving forward with any reconstruction. She won't have her chest CT scan this trip, but we're still on the three month MRI scan of the arm. As we wrap of our last appointments on Wednesday, it will be right to the car and back to Michigan. Last year when we headed back, Wisconsin had the 25 inch snow fall (right in our path). A special treat that I could do without,.. just give me the cheese.

As for the book,... well it's been smooth sailing so far. A team of copy editors are working on it (probably at this very moment). The awesome thing about having editors look over your writing - they don't call me and point out all my mistakes,... they just fix them. After they finish, then the conceptual editing team takes over. The conceptual team will be the ones calling me up in the wee hours of the night, "Are you sure you wanted a period at the end of that sentence and not an exclamation point? You can never have enough exclamation points ya know!" They also have a few things to say about the character development. That could be good or bad news for some of the characters in the book (I'm thinking Steve might be calling me soon wanting a little input on his character development).

That's a wrap people. Keep reading, keep praying, and let's find a cure for cancer. Someone out there has to have a chemistry set that's working overtime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got Ethan on the cure for cancer road. We were talking one night, and I said: "Why not you?"

He's thinking.

As for HD. Bummed about not being in it, PUMPED about hanging with the big peoples. :-)

Miss you guys like crazy, am off to Mt. Dew it up, and CAN'T WAIT to see you again!

Love you so much!