Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Being the Bad Blogger

There's something to being a bad blogger. It's ranks up there with being a bloggert. What? You don't remember the term 'bloggert'?
Bloggert: to view blogs and leave no sign of viewing behind (ie: a note).

So we've established the bad blogger status and boy do I have a great deal to catch you up on,.....

First of all,.. I've tried the facebook thing. What's facebook? Seriously, you need to spend a bit more time around technology. Facebook is the posting and walling posts to those people you deam to be friend worthy.

Okay, cutting to the short of it. Facebook is way to transparent. For instance,.. my friend leaves a message about having an adult beverage for his birthday. Nothing wrong with that - right? Wrong! Because on my facebook I've not been picky and have accepted former students (who are still in school) and now have the 911 on my time spent with friends. "So, like Mr. K. You're going out with your bud for a drink on his birthday huh."

Does anyone remember growing up with the party line phone? This Facebook thing is a huge party line waiting to happen. The other issue I've run across is that my friends know when I'm on line because it hooks into some sort of IM (instant message) system. So when I'm looking to see if anyone has posted on my 'wall', I get the "Hey,... what are you doing?" Most of the time it's a nice opportunity to chat, but there are those moments when you feel you've just been caught running out to get the news paper on the front steps and the only thing you have on is your underwear. Sorry, just wanted the paper! - weren't suppose to see that!

The last thing I'll say about the facebook craze is - addicting. It's relatively easy to get on, post pictures, and find numerous friends that you've lost contact with. That's what makes it difficult to not check into on a daily basis. I wonder who left me a note? I wonder if there's an old friend trying to reach me? I wonder what's the latest in the world of...?

Well, that's it for tonight. We have politics, cancer topics, school, and many other things to catch up on,... but there's time. The one thing we have is time. Sitting in church this morning I was remind of the miracles we witnessed, the plans God has, and the notion accures to me,... we need to get back to cherishing time and less about getting caught up in the worldly stuff that makes us say, "Where did the time go?"

Peace and Prayers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find you utterly fantastic.

2 weeks until MN is a much brighter place. I cannot even tell you how excited I am. Sometimes, I even jump out of my leg thinking about it!

We'll make some memories. We'll hold the moment. They pass too quickly to do anything else.

Love,
Shanna

PS: On facebook chat, you can choose "go offline" and then, the world can't chat with you. It's my favorite. You can sign on and off of it any time you'd like.

b said...

So, like Mr. K ... when are you having drinks with your beerfire friends again?