Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Breaking Barriers

"Ummmm,... what's that?"  a mild-mannered student was attempting to make the teacher-student connection with me as I ate a pretzel during our 'snack time'.  That's right - I said snack time.  It's equivalent to the water cooler time you hear about in the business world,.. only I have to monitor healthy food intake along with appropriate behavior when it comes to the mingle.

"It's a small, fat pretzel," I gave her a straight answer, even though in my mind, I had ideas of making something up just for the fun of it.  

Then came the awkward stare, followed by silence.  

"Yep,... that's what is alright.  A pretzel,"  I wasn't sure where the conversation was heading, but I felt that a destination should be reached quickly.

Finally, her stare broke as she muttered an, "Ahhhhh, I thought it might be."
"Yep,"  I felt a need to repeat myself, all the while thinking How long can this continue? 

With a bob of the head, it was over,.. she walked back to her desk to complete her snack time.  I went back to grading papers and munching on the remaining pretzels.  I'm sure it's moments like this that would make our President's words (echoed by my superintendent) of Every Child, Every Day ring true.

Happy Snack Time Everybody!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great "talking" with you yesterday. Thanks for a great blog-I needed a laugh:)

MR

Shanna-hope college is going good!

b said...

What kind of pretzels were they? Something that Kim baked? Can't believe that kid didn't know what a pretzel looked like. What kind of rocks do you keep your students under anyway?

miss you all
b.

Anonymous said...

Wow ! Amazing blog to follow I would suggest to follow my all friends and family to follow his blog . Vivacious Blog - Full life and energy. Keep Posting, Wedding Dress Shops, Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Boots Vintage Wedding Dresses