Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Monday, August 25, 2008

School Already?

Day 462:

I awoke early this morning to,.... noise and bright light bulbs. What happened to the birds singing outside? What happened to the sunshine gently waking me with the warmth of the rays? What happened to the rollover, then back to sleep for an hour or two? It was still dark out!

First day of school can be determined in our house by one thing: I entered the kitchen to pour a pot of coffee down my throat only to be greeted by Hannah, already showered, dressed, and fixing breakfast, "Good morning Dad!" I wanted to take that early morning grin of hers and bury it in an early morning nap.

"Must be the first day of school?" I said as I gripped the coffee pot tightly hoping to end this morning nightmare.
"YEP! And I can't wait to see EVERYONE!" more smiling.


Kim and I have been spending waking moments over the past couple weeks at school preparing for the start. Just like summer,... it all went by really fast. Too fast, because I'm now getting up when indoor lighting is required.

I've also had the opportunity to dabble in senior pictures over the past few weeks - which has been a lot of fun. I've always enjoyed taking photos of the family, after all, it's like fixing something around the house - if I do a poor job, I only have myself to blame. I tell ya,.. taking photos with someone as photogenic as Hannah (the senior Hannah) makes it seem easy.

Later this week Hannah wraps up her cookie run, I head to the Harleyfest in Milwaukee, and Kim preps for her colloquy final.

I'll post the biker photos when I return.


Peace and Prayers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just hanging out on campus in the sun with wireless internet...nice shots Dave! First day of classes here too..I'm liking it! School! yay.

Love,
Shanna

PS: GoLd!

Anonymous said...

Silver!

Don't you think Hannah Roth is beautiful and me of course I mean at the top of the blog there's my picture.


Hannah Kelly