Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wii Would Like to Buy for Kids


Day 431:

"Have I already told you my story?" I was on the phone with Best Buy Corporate trying to find that one elusive person who could help me out. I had been through what could only be visualized on a flow chart of phone inter-office hot potato. It always begins with a person asking, "How can I help you," followed by my quick rendition of Hannah's goals, then right into, "Hold please."

With Hannah topping the six hundred mark in sales, it's time to begin the search for the Wii packages that will give a child anything and everything to do while confined to a hospital visit for chemo treatments and beyond. We had discussed many things to purchase for kids, but the Wii seems to be the one thing that goes across the age gaps and generations. It's also the one thing that can get kids moving without really getting up and running around. Once I started down the Wii path, I couldn't believe the interaction and activities they've developed.

"Hello?" when you hear silence after asking a question you assume that the person on the other end has either ran out for a 'quick shot of java' at the lunch wagon or they have muted you in order to talk to others in the office to see who gets you next.

"No sir, I know your story already. Please hold," as her voice resonated like a bag of cement dropped from a 10 story building, I was sent back to phone limbo.


My corporate experience ended in the newsroom of Best Buy on a person's voice mail - no more options, no more 'Hold please', no more hope when someone offers to help me at the beginning of the conversation,...it was my last ditch effort to leave a single message. Then,... a dial tone.

It was done. My experience was over.




How do you tell a corporation that you're not looking for a hand out, but you would like to see a little girl's fundraising money go a bit further than the average consumer? I'm guessing the answer comes in the form of P's (patience and persistence).

Speaking of fundraising,.. a reminder to those who haven't heard, Hannah is out on the corner from 4:30-6:30 on Tuesday and Thursday. Did I mention, selling cookies and lemonade,... not just standing on the corner.

Special prayer request for the McLean family (of Stevensville) as their young daughter Madi was diagnosed with ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia) just this past week. Madi is at Bronson and starting treatments.

Peace and Prayers


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sweet Nelly!! Definitely agree with the patience and persistence part: try Target, Meijer, or Wal-Mart. I'm sure a store manager there would be willing to help a little girl serve Jesus and make a difference in so many lives.

Keep up the dedication to helping others and sharing your stories!
MR

P.S.: Gold-baby!

b said...

SILVER ...

Hope the cookie sales went well today. You'll figure out how to tame the corporate monster and get a deal on some Wii.

Goodluck on your presentation Friday Hannah!!!

b.

Anonymous said...

Definitely try Wal-Mart! You still have to go through the run around a little bit but they have a "giving back to the community" program that really works. I once scored a tv for a client of mine at no charge. Good luck!
Christen H.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the other comments, try Wal-mart. They give much more back to the community than Best Buy. Way to go on the $600 mark. Sorry to hear about the McLean family, our thoughts and extra prayers are with them.

Mr. David Kelly said...

Thanks for the Wal-Mart tip. I'm on it like a 4th grader on recess.

Anonymous said...

Firstly, I'm way behind the blog reading. Got prayers going up for cookies turned into Wiis. Secondly, just as God will use those cookie sales, it makes my heart sing to watch Him use you in helping another family. Welcome to the club. I think you'll like it here. The people are nice, and cook well too.

Love,
Shanna