Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

LaSninner Goals

Day 422:

'Hey JACK! What's for breakfast?" our family has coined the new phrase since having Chef Jack take over the cooking duties, while the Decker family was visiting. They were visiting, yet Jack took over ALL cooking duties (yes,...even the clean up). It was as if, we were on vacation as well.

Of course, Jack left for home a little over two weeks ago. I would like to say that we're living the diet plan,.. but that would just be further denial that we are simply living summer. Therefore, we tend to stall just long enough to have brunch (which we all recognize as the combination of breakfast and lunch). However, eating late in the morning leads to a fullness that extends through a few small snack times throughout the day right up to LaSninner (which might seem a bit new to most, yet lived by many). LaSninner is so new that it's not even recognizable by the most updated dictionary softwares. It's the late-snack-dinner you end up consuming after the 8 o'clock hour, yet before midnight. You know the one - it's usually verbally christened as LaSninner with a "Wow, look at the time and we're just now sitting down to eat!"

"Hey JACK! What's for LaSninner!?"



Hannah received word from Bronson Pediatric Oncology today with a request for items. It looked similar to my Christmas list, only they had theirs typed out in business letter format, whereas mine tends to be written on the back of envelopes I find laying around the house.

As of today, Hannah has broken the $400 mark. Someone asked the other day and again on the blog comments sections: "What's the goal?"

So I decided to ask Hannah myself, since it was never really discussed before.
"I don't know," was her first reply. I gave her the dad stare which usually means 'CLEAN SOMETHING', but for this one moment, I gave her the mental ESP eye of 'WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON"T KNOW?'

"Well, okay,...if I had to say a goal it would be $1000," she finally spit out.
"$1,000 a summer?" I was trying to narrow it down a bit.

"Oh, in a summer, I would hope to raise $2,000!"


There you have it. I'm now an official, self-proclaimed field reporter: 2k a summer,... I would expect that she could meet some needs of children in the hospital who are battling cancer.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOLD!
Great Goal! Hannah and the Kelly's can do it!!! I would like to offer to make a thermometer scale to show progress of her goal. Let me know-

Melissa R.

Mr. David Kelly said...

I would say a thermometer would be awesome. We need your professional artistic help for signage! We want both cookies for cancer and,... pop tops. I think the board I helped Hannah with has seen better days. Put your PR cap on.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahaha! So, why is it that when we come home, he stops cooking? We're coming back for Brunch, Lupper, and LaSinner. Whoever cooks is good with me. :-) In the words of Chef Jack: "When I left, there was enough food in that refrigerator to last a month! Of course, most were hockey pucks, but anyway..." So, apparently, that means it doesn't actually have to be cooked. ;-) Regardless, I'm brainstorming, and this PR in MN who has practiced a bit with helping people in the past loves the $2,000 mark! Oh, and Silver.

Love,
Shanna

PS: Dave, um, recall Fancy Shots Foto Friday. Where it is? The fans are itchin for more, and can't wait for you to be here! Dad'll cook!

Mr. David Kelly said...

Oh Hockey Pucks! - another great phrase to coin. I might just skip the book deal and go straight for the 'coining of phrases'.

Anonymous said...

I love the goal. Have you considered targeting some large groups of people with your cookies? Such as the brown bag concerts or the Friday night Jazz concerts at the bluff. Very little food is sold right there. Just a thought, Keep up the good work.

b said...

I missed cookies tonite ... boy do I have a craving! Great goal, can't wait to see the wish list from Kzoo.

b.

Mr. David Kelly said...

I think targeting bigger groups is an excellent idea,.. just not sure what permission / permits we need to have before. It could definitely be a possibility though.

Anonymous said...

To expand operations...You would more than likely have to get permission from the city and the health department. The health department is a permit, But I don't know if you would even need that as everything is pre-packaged before it leaves the kitchen., If you decide to do this call Barb D. at the one on M-139. She helps us with them for the relay for life events in Berrien County. As for the city, I can't see anyone saying no to your daughter, she is adorable and on a mission. Go Hannah! If you need help with the expense of the permits, post it and I will drop some money off to pay for them. My daughter (6) and I have become avid readers. P.S. don't forget that the WE CAN bus which is used for raising awareness of cancer is coming to St. Joseph on the bluff on Sat around noon.