Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Saturday, October 10, 2009

And the Band Played On

"So will they be bringing out the football team to fill in the downtime?" I was attending my second band festival of the season. My first one was directly following a day of tennis watching Sam and the Bears, so it was more of a one and done scenario. We ran in right before the band took the field, threw Sam into a band uniform, and paid the token allotment to listen to 'the band'. After the performance, it was right back into the van, and off for home. This band festival was not going to be the same.

"So,... we can leave after the Bears are done, right?" It was more like a wish that I was stating rather than a question. Perhaps I should have made a cake and blown out the candles first.

"No! We're staying to listen to the bands," Kim is a person with a toe to tap whenever any band takes the field.
"The Bands?" I gave it my best surprised to hear that voice, but it was futile.

I gutted the festival out like a pillager with no village to pillage. The last band had finally finished their four-part program and the masses had begun the exodus. I stood with the excitement found within any kid on the last day of school, when I felt a tug, "Where are you going? They have to give out the awards," Kim hadn't budged - not one centimeter from her seated position.

"Awards? Are you serious? You want to sit through the awards?" I could hear myself asking the questions, but deep, deep down we all know the answer and the outcome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, we were there for 4 bands including St. Joe (which was fantastic)and you didn't look like you were in any pain. LOL Could have been a little warmer though. We had GREAT PRIDE knowing Sam was a part of this band and watching him. St. Joe - a #1, now aren't you glad you stayed for the awards? We missed it!

Love,
Mom & Dad

Mr. David Kelly said...

No - not really glad... at all.

b said...

Suck it up Dave! Good luck to Sam @ state this weekend!!!

b.