Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Monday, April 13, 2009

POP! Goes the Bubble.

Frantically spending each free moment working on the manuscript...teach a lesson, have the kids work for a few moments.  I believe most aspiring writers work in such conditions.

Out of the corner of my eye, as a wrap up another imperfect sentence overlooked in the MS, there stands a boy patiently waiting for me to stop typing.  "Mr. Kelly?"  unsure of the response he might draw from me.

"Yep.  That would be correct.  What can I help you with?"  I really wanted to finish my paragraph in the MS, but I could tell he wasn't going anywhere until I had heard him out.

"I was wondering,"  he paused as if he were searching for just the right words that would elicit the desired response.    

"You were wondering what?"  I threw out my hands, palms up, in an attempt to say, 'let me have the question.'

"I got this never ending bubble wrap device for Easter, and I was wondering if it would be okay to bring it to class,"  his eyebrows lifted with a sign of hope, while his eyes squinted in order to shield himself from my responsive glare.

That's correct, you read it right:  A Never Ending Bubble Wrap Device for Popping!

Now I don't know how much time you've spent in an elementary classroom lately, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that your response would not be too far removed from mine.  "Hmmmm, let me give this some time to soak in and then,......... No."  I felt the need to cut right to the heart of the matter.  

With my answer given he returned to his seat like a rejected puppy who's been told there will be no walk today.  "He said no,"  was the answer he gave his peers, who huddled around the group of desks waiting for the news of the impending popping to begin.

Back to writing on the MS!  The only problem I have now is, I can't seem to get the sound of bubble wrap popping out of my head.


4 comments:

cancer dancer biker girl said...

Oh, Boots. You'll make it. :-) God'll do big things, and if He's not helping you too much, He might send some effort over here for Accounting too. ;-)

Love,
Shanna

b said...

Never ending bubble wrap device? What will they think of next? Welcome back to school!!!

Mr. David Kelly said...

Shanna - you could use a good never ending bubble wrap device. You take it to your accounting class. The prof. will hand you an A just to get rid of you.

I did take accounting once. If I recall, you get to use a calculator right? How hard could it be after that? I also learned how to balance my fun funds.

Anonymous said...

You have some sth~~ dresses with sleeves!?! Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Boots Flower Girls