Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fancy Free From Facebook

It's been said that we live in a connected world. I would agree.

The problem with a connected world is that sometimes you just need to unplug. Over the past several months I have journeyed to the world of the fast and furious connectedness of Facebook. I've posted photos, picked clever little buttons to display, downloaded funny videos, and spent meticulous time developing the profile...I even went as far as to suggest it to others that I ran into. Then it dawned on me after listening to my good friend Odessa, "Facebook has become at least a hourly routine in my house every night. It's an addiction to see what everyone else is up to."

Hmmmm. An addiction? An hour a day, life sucker upper? Can't break free from it? Odessa has a point!

Today, I have the decision move back to the blogging world with open arms. To rid myself once and for all of the Facebook Monkey that has climb on my back. I've unplugged, switched off, and become a closed book - except for the bloggers that still review the Roosevelt Dave news that is my life.

So maybe I'm not as disconnected, but I do know that there's more to pure written expression on a blog than could ever be found on a Facebook. It's good to be back.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, you hit the nail on the head!!! We agree and glad to have you back on blogging.

Have a good week.

Love,
Dad & Mom

Mr. David Kelly said...

Blog blog blog. That sounds much better than facebook facebook facebook. Get home,...there's work to be done at my house! With Spring Break over, I need a handyman.

b said...

Blog is great, but I still like FB too! The blog is where you belong!
Miss seeing you!