Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Saturday, November 17, 2007

It's a Bloggert World

Bloggerts - those who read, but never respond.

At the National Bloggert Meeting of America:
"Hi, I'm Dave,....I'm a Bloggert."
"HI DAVE!" - actually that wouldn't really happen, it would be more like:

"Hi, I'm Dave,....I'm a Bloggert."
(complete silence) - nobody wants to commit to a response.


Over the course of the blogging experience since we began this journey back in the Spring of '07, I've met many who read Rooseveltdav (formally known as Rooseveltdave,.. until I switched to a fancy shmancy header that holds me to only 12 characters - and how many factors would that be, 'oh smarter than a fifth grader?),..told me that they have been faithful readers and prayer warriors, but are uncomfortable when it comes to responding (that or they just don't have the time to compete in what has now grown to be a NEW Olympic event - not sure if it's going Summer or Winter Olympics just yet). To them I say,...welcome to the world of Bloggerts - for I too have a blog that I have been a frequent reader of, yet never once responded. The writer of the blog has a way with daily life that I enjoy reading. I think it's because she's a teacher and says things that would get most teachers fired.

It's been only recently that 'My Blogger' has announced the possible end to it all. She's become a blogger with little to blog about, besides her new baby (yawn - not into the baby thing at this point). Call it a terminal writers block, or the need to move on, but she is seriously considering hanging up the keyboard. As a Bloggert, where will I go? Do I leave a first and last comment letting her know of my Bloggert ways,...thanking her for her take on everyday life? If I would have known that the end were so close, would I have shaken my Bloggert status and taken the committal plunge? You know, once you comment, it's over. The Blogger knows you are there and you are reading. There's no more true Bloggert status. You're outed!

Not quite sure I want to be outed as her Bloggert. I know that there are those of you out there who know of the Bloggert way (read and go - no commitment to responding). To you I simply say, "Thank you for reading, for praying, and for following. I'm in no way running short of topics, information, or our life in cancer, but I may run short on time for a few months(it's Basketball Season Baby! - little Dick Vitale).

Peace and Prayer

PS: it's Day 188

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave
Grandpa got GOLD!!!
Now that basketball time is here maybe you can Blog about the team members, the practice sessions, and the games. You could also give weekly updates on Hannah's progress with her therapy.

Photo friday is a must even if it is a picture of the score board.(only if you win)

Love you,
Dad

Mr. David Kelly said...

Bronze -
I'll work on the write ups,..if we win. Currently setting at 8 players with 5 being freshman. I HAVE the freshman starting line up. The girls will definitely have some growing to do.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha...since Dave took Bronze, I think I'll take the silver! WAHOOOOOOOO!!!

I think I like these new rules. I vote that it can be both summer, and winter...since we're making the rules, we can do both.

I do suppose that I was a bloggert for oh, a week, on this blog. Then, some sort of obsessive complusive disorder attack as fast as a winter cold in a 4th grade classroom at milk break. :)

Don't worry kelly bloggerts, it will come to you eventually...:)

And, in turn, I began to comment on every one of the 6 blogs I check. Yes, there's 6. But, I only comment on this one with all my heart. The most important one.

Well, I do love this fancy shmancy blog you have going. And I quote: "The answer is 6 Dave, 6. Say 6. Dave, it's 6. Good. Glad we got the same answer."

And I like that only we know how funny we are. ;)

OSN. IHIJ. (I heart inside jokes..just in case you didn't have that one yet)

Love,
Shanna

PS: I'm totally typing this by the fire...and thinking of you all. Love you guys!

b said...

Well, I didn't place in the blog olympics today ... but I totally think I should get at least bronze, since, Dave, should YOU really count in the olympics? I think that you have this unfair advantage thing going on (Marion Jones comes to mind), however, you've been good about not always participating ... (perhaps, it's the performance enhancing bloggert stuff you've been taking) ...

Bloggert AKA Lurker, which makes me feel somewhat voyeristic (shiver) ... Don't have to worry about me not responding. It's all just a little bit silly isn't it? And silly is just plain good sometimes.

Can't wait to hear about that Bball season, no matter what.

Love you all!
b.

(Congrats Grandpa K. on Gold today!!!)

Anonymous said...

Well....Dave, with your writing talent, you have turned me into a bloggert.

I was going through withdrawals the last 3 days. We were upnorth, where reception for a cell phone is scarce let along a wireless or wire connect for the internet on my laptop.

Don bagged himself a buck! Marshall and Matthew examined it...not much reaction!

I respond to the blog, because there is something about being part of this "community". It is sincere, inspiring, friendly, and has contributed to my growth in faith and spirit. Although I don't have a face to match each bloggert, it doesn't matter. I look forward to reading each bloggert's reponses. There have been several times that I have laughed-out-loud; Don responds with "You're reading Dave's blog, aren't you?" So, keep going bloggerts! Keep going!
Melissa R.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't silver come before bronze???
Yay!! B-ball season. Can't wait to catch some games. Good luck with all those freshman.
As far as being a bloggert...not possible for me when it comes to
RooseveltDav. I always seem to put my 2 cents worth in.
Annette

Unknown said...

Hey Dave,
Basketball begins, "firepit" season must continue?
Keep your arms up and your feet movin.

Mr. David Kelly said...

Yep - bronze comes after silver - I was negating second place since I have the power of the blog behind me....or something like that.

As for the firepit - ready to burn on most nights.

Anonymous said...

Or maybe you ARE the power of the blog? ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay, well I guess I'm somewhere in the middle of all this. I didn't place... DARN! And I only have one blog that I visit AND comment on... this one!! I do have to confess that there are times that I only have time to visit, read and run. So. Am I a bloggert or a blogger?? ^0^

Love,
Brenda

Mr. David Kelly said...

You would be a Bloggertini: a person who comments off and on.

Anonymous said...

Is this "Blogging 101"? I have learned so much. You really are an awesome teacher Dave!
Thanks for the info.
Annette
P.S.
See...my 2 cents worth.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dave & family,

It has been a few days and when I read the last few blogs, I've been thinking of Silas and his family, what determines why some will get better, others won't? Hannah got better, so many prayers and support, but I'm sure Silas has the same going for him!

I guess we are not meant to know that question on this side of the earth, it is God's plan when we beleive and trust. My heart aches for Silas now - your Mother said he has terminal cancer. Yet, there is hope, we must never give up "hope"! Let's all pray now not only for Hannah but for Silas.

Love A. Diane

See there is always someone else - to think about, to pray for.

God Bless Hannah and Silas

Anonymous said...

Hey!I just thought I'd put my 2 cents in...I do believe I would be classified as the opposite of a bloggert. Not sure if it has a term yet, but I bet Dave could come up with something. :) Anyway...

I have a quote hanging in my room that says of those who have been through turmoil:

"They would ask the question "why?" and they would be told that the answer to that question cannot be found on this side of eternity."

The first time I heard it, I just smiled at how true it is. Our plans are not God's plans, and whatever the future may hold, He is the one in control, and we can always be sure of that. :)

Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the playn I have for you, declares the Lord...plans to give you HOPE, and a future."

I see the truth in this daily in the cancer world...

Prayers continue...

Love,
Shanna

Anonymous said...

Apparently I misinterpreted what a bloggert is...either way-I like reading Dave's blog and "dialoguing" with all the fine people involved. I don't know what term that is...I can't even get bloggert straight! I wish all a healthy, family-filled, safe Thanksgiving!
Melissa R.

Mr. David Kelly said...

It's okay Melissa - that's why we're elementary teachers.