Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Monday, October 27, 2008

Book in the Making

Thanks for checking in,....

"What's going on with the blog? There's no entries, no Foto Friday,...."

Okay, okay. I realize I've been a bit absent - but with good reason.

About a month ago I sent off an excerpt (a short manuscript) of Hannah's story to a publishing company that I had come across on the internet. I wanted to find a publisher with a Christian foundation and I think I did just that. Tate Publishing has read the manuscript and is willing to publish a book with me.

To be honest, it was a little overwhelming to receive an actual contract, but since that point, I've been busily writing. There hasn't been a great deal of time for blogging between the book and writing papers for my class, I feel tapped out with writing.

As things progress with the process of making a book I should know more about the release date. The publishing company did mention book signings in our area. I was hoping to have at least one book signing somewhere in Hawaii. Of course, everyone will have to travel with us for the book purchase.

next stop - Oprah perhaps.

We head back to Mayo in November for scans.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on writing the book, Dave. What an awesome adventure that will be for you!Let's just say it's another chapter in the life of the Kelly family as you write it. I look forward to seeing it in print and getting an autographed copy some day. Once it's published perhaps you will be able to market it at the Michigan Reading Association Conference some day. God's Peace be with you!

Anonymous said...

Dave,
Grandpa Kelly and I are sitting here reading your blog together and are excited and would like to congratulate you. You have much hard work, but we know you can do it. Let us know when it is finished.
Love, Grandpa Kelly and Barb Ryan

Anonymous said...

WOOOOHOOO! Can I say it again? WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! A talented writer, like you, deserves a contract and everyone on this planet will be better people reading your story of faith and strength. WHOOOOOOHOOOOOO! Moving from good to great.

MR

P.S.: Can I be your groupie?

Anonymous said...

Just one question.

Remember that day at Silver Beach Pizza when you said I could have the first autographed copy of your book?

I thought so. Thanks, Dav. You've been missed.

Can't wait to see you!

Love,
Shanna

Anonymous said...

Congratulations are in order!

Your mom sent me an email (as I don't get on your blog site often) saying that I should take a look... There's great news on it! So I did. WOW! I'm so excited that you're writing a book about this experience that your family has been travelling. You are an incredible writer, Dave.

Love,
Brenda

Donna Buchanan said...

way to go Dave - can't wait to buy one when you are done.

b said...

Rock on Dave Kelly!

Anonymous said...

Boy I'm telling ya this book thing needs to end, along with the masters. No beer fires or many new blogs, I guess I'll have to start looking elsewhere for my reading material, I could buy a book to read kn ow of any good ones? Congrats on the book and to Kim on her interview. I can't wait for this fire. I'll bring more wood.

Anonymous said...

What interview does Kim have?

b said...

Kimmie's official! Go Kelly's!
b.

Anonymous said...

3a, for sure. Weird things happen to you! quinceanera dresses Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Boots Evening Dresses