Signed Copies for Sale. Read information on left side panel below.

Signed Copies for Sale.  Read information on left side panel below.
For further details email us at Hannahk2021@gmail.com

Monday, December 04, 2006

Shopping - Leave It to Santa I Say


I did it.

Always knew of
it. Never really gave it much thought. Wanted to see if it was all that.
So, I did
it.

I went out shopping on Black Friday. Yep, woke up at the crack of 6-ish
; actually got up and out of bed by 6:20 in the AM. Cup of coffee, a breakfast bar, warmed the car up, another cup of coffee, and we were off. We traveled a full 8 miles to reach our destination. I was literally ready for the experience! I had heard about the pushing, the shoving, the grabbing, the pulling, the tugging, the raucous crowds.....I wanted the full blown experience. Best Buy seemed to be the Best Bet. Television depicted people lining up the night before just to get the great deals. The doors slid open and I entered like a cowboy of the old west entering through the swinging doors of the saloon - ready for the carnage!!

What I thought and what I experienced were two different things. First of all, there was no pushing or shoving (people were way to tired for that). There were, however, a number of long lines. Lines that seem to weave from no where and yet went everywhere.

Deals? I saw no deals! In fact, the lady in the line behind me had her spouse reference the fact that she could get the same movies, for the same price, on a different day. He was right! I personally had a few items that had no special mark down. Yet, I was determined to go through the full experience and stick it out.

I've come to one conclusion. Black Friday is a whole lot of hype for the effort. When it comes to bargain shopping next year, I'm going to leave it to Santa and the Internet
.

2 comments:

Phill (with 2 L's) said...

1 question, what is black friday?

and of course there was no deals Best Buy is too expensive.


(and mr.kelly i now can loan you tht DVD)

Phill (with 2 L's) said...

I wish santa could go shopping around a time like my moms birthday, he needs to get some excercsie and i'm short on $